Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Which are better- Wall Lights or Floor lamps or both?


Which are better- Wall Lights or Floor lamps or both?
Last month, suddenly one day I received a call from my friend. He wanted to invite me to a small party thrown by him as he has recently bought a big furnished duplex flat. As he is my close buddy, he wants me to come and see his flat personally and to give my comments about the same. So, I reached his place and was amazed at the beauty of the flat that he bought. His flat was situated near sea shore and one can see the entire sea from his flat. He has two immediate headaches, one is to choose the correct colors for his rooms and the second is the lightning.

For the colors I suggested him to consult any interior decorator and give the job contract and his house was being painted in exact colors as he wanted for his rooms. Now, what about the track lighting part? He is just confused and can’t choose between wall light and floor lamps. As, I am an electrical engineer myself and had dealt with contemporary lightning many a time, so I was the best person that which lights are better for which room. Well, as his house is a duplex one I have suggested some ideas how he can use wall light in some rooms and floor lamps in the other. But, he was still confused that for which room what lights will be the best.

modern floor lamps


So, I asked him to send a blueprint of his entire duplex flat via my personal mail. He had done that. After studying his flat closely I found that his flat has two floors. On the ground floor there is a big dining space with three other rooms including a master bedroom. There was a stair case build inside the home that leads to upper portion of the flat. In the upper part there was a small store room and his kid study rooms. I suggested him to use wall light in every room that are there in the ground floor of his flat. He may use both wall light and floor lamps in his respect his master bedroom if he likes. But, for his dining hall he will have to use ceiling lights, so that the lights spread every where. On the staircase that leads to upper portion of the flat he can use wall lights. In his kids study room he have to use a floor lamps and that too be placed in such a height so that it his kid can easily read without difficulty and for his store room I suggested that wall light will be that best option.


He did the same as I suggested him and the next time when I reached his flat he was very happy for me as everybody was appreciating him for marvelous use of wall light and floor lamps and I thanked myself in my mind that I have successfully completed a great job!!

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master.
    Hardwood Flooring Lowell MA

    ReplyDelete